Sunday, June 6, 2010

Summer is here!


I can't even tell you how excited I am that the weather is finally starting to warm up! While Southern California is known for it's great weather, we do have a fair amount of May Gray and June Gloom.  I love it when the clouds clear up and I can pull out all my cute dresses and skirts. My feet get excited to be in flip flops again! I also love my daughter's adorable warm weather wear. It is so much more fun to doll her up in sundresses than to bundle her up in her jackets and sweatshirts.


Inspired by the warm weather, I've become addicted to making these fun sundresses. I used the basic template for a pillowcase dress, but instead of using a pillowcase I started from scratch with new fabric. It's almost as easy, but I can say I'm not a huge fan of creating a rolled hem. Heat sealing the ribbon ends also creates a less than desirable scent.  Besides making these dresses for my own daughter, and for my Etsy shop, I've been making some for our summer birthday girls. I hope they like them!



And by the way, I know it's been a really long time since I last posted, but I still haven't finished the blanket from the last post.  All those stupid ends to sew in have deterred me from getting it done.  One of these days I'll get back to it, but I'm fairly certain I won't be making another Granny Square blanket any time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment